First, I wanted to send the link to the parents that has some pitching instructions that we used with the girls last year. This video shows the fundamentals on pitching with the steps used. Please show your girls this video so they can practice when we are not at the field:
The league has sent an email in regards to protocals to follow in regards to Covid - Social Distancing rules, mask rules, etc. Please make sure your daughters have a mask with them at practice in case we have to come within 6-10 feet of each other to talk. We also need to ensure that equipment is setup 6-10 feet apart from other players. Below contains the rules that the league has in place, as there will be checks from the Health Department at random practices and games. Thank you all!
Back to Play Plan
1. Follow all CDC, State, and Local guidelines set forth in the Phase 3 opening of youth sports.
2. Follow all guidelines set forth by Fauquier Parks and Recreation pertaining to fields and dugouts.
3. If a player or anyone in their immediate family are showing symptoms, or running a fever of 100.4, they must stay home and contact their coach immediately.
4. If a player is brought to practice, we will consider this verification that the player is in good health, symptom free, and available to play. If the player shows any signs of not feeling well, the player will be asked to leave.
5. ALL enclosed dugouts will be closed. No players or baseball equipment will be allowed inside of enclosed dugouts.
6. Players will maintain a physical distance of 6’- 10’ when setting up their equipment.
7. Players and coaches will do their best to maintain the 6’- 10’ physical distance when on the playing field.
8. Team meetings and player/coach interactions will abide by the 6’ - 10’ physical distance rule.
9. Players will be asked to wash their hands and/or use hand sanitizer whenever possible during practice/scrimmages (between drills, during water breaks, etc.). Families are encouraged to provide their player with hand sanitizer.
10. Players, parents, and coaches must have PPE, such as a face mask or face shield, whenever coming within 6’ – 10’ of anyone else.
11. Food and drinks will NOT be shared between players. No shared coolers, no shared water bottles, no sunflower seeds, etc.
12. No personal equipment (gloves, facemasks, helmets, bats, catcher’s gear, etc.) will be shared by players or coaching staff.
13. There will be NO team huddles, NO high fives or fist bumps, NO handshaking before or after the game.
14. If a player is injured, a first aid trained coach or volunteer will tend to the injury using appropriate PPE.
15. All spectators must maintain a physical distance of 6’ - 10’ from each other, dugouts, backstops, and fence lines during practices and scrimmages.
16. Parents are encouraged to bring a chair or blanket for their player to be set up in a sitting area outside of the dugout. This will give the player an area to rest between innings.